Wow didn't think this subject would last this  long.

Anyway, I recycle my plastic bags. I dump dirty cat litter in  them then put
that into the bags that the clean litter comes in. So there  isn't a smell.

I remember years ago one of my Mom's cats got hung up in the  handle parts
and scared him so bad that I thought he was going to have a heart  attack. He
went flying through the house with it stuck on his body. To top it  off he was
high strung Siamese.
I felt so bad for him.

In general the only time there is any plastic out is when I'm  changing the
litter boxes or garbage cans. Tazzy just sits there and licks it.  Of course
it's before it has the dirty litter in it.

In a message dated 5/26/2007 8:22:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

At 08:13  PM 5/26/2007, you wrote:

Why can we lobby to have them made of a thin  cardboard  so they will
biodegrade..I hate them!!

>While on  this subject, don't forget to cut through the handles of
>all plastic  & actually ANY bags before trashing them. Stray cats can
>get their  heads caught in the handles & strangle.   So please please
>cut those loops!
>
>For the same reason, cut through the  loops of the plastic things
>holding 6 paks together.  Those  things have been found around the
>necks of seals, cutting off their  ability to swallow, thus starving
>them. Closer to inland home, small  aniimals can get their heads
>caught in those too, or stray kittens  which as they grow these
>things will tighten around their  necks.
>
>Pam

Terrie Mohr-Forker

TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
SIAMESE  & COLLIE RESCUE