The problems in my little family started on March 9 when I took my poor anemic Tomi to the vet and found out he had FeLV. The next day, I hauled my 4 other cats to the vet and found out Kisa (2.5 years old, the same as Tomi) also tested positive. I realize now that I was living in a nice ignorant bliss before this day.

For me, the anxiety and sadness hasn't been able to go away yet, simply because we've been in a state of crisis with 3 different cats ever since. When I first learned of the diagnosis, I was so stressed out, I could hardly even eat anything for about a week. Food just turned my stomach.

Then I watched Tomi get worse and worse for nearly 2 months. His red blood cell count kept going down slowly, and the vet wanted to put him to sleep before he went into respiratory distress. Well he very nearly got to that point. It was the worst weekend of my life when he got so bad that I thought for sure he would die overnight. Somehow though, he pulled through that, and got better. He's been getting better for a month now.

Sadly, I haven't had much time to enjoy his recovery, because shortly after that, my 15 yr old cat Koda got sick and died in less than a week of acute liver and kidney failure. That may possibly have been cancer, but she went too fast to diagnose anything.

We barely buried Koda, when Kisa started vomiting and wouldn't eat. This past weekend watching Kisa fade away, is just as bad if not worse as the weekend where Tomi was so sick, because we've had to torment her with force feedings.

I'm really getting worn out here. I don't know if i'll ever recover from all of this.

I know how you feel though, I also wake up every couple of hours to check on my kitties when they are so sick. I bring my sick kitties into the bedroom where kitties aren't normally allowed. Kisa has been sleeping between my husband and me, and while she is there, I basically only doze, waking up frequently to watch her.

I find the hardest part to be the anticipation of losing a baby, and watching them get weaker and weaker, wondering if you've done all you can possibly do for them. All I can do is mope around the house, wishing time would go by faster, and the worry and sadness are almost too much to bear.

Whether one can find acceptance of the disease, and just appreciate your time with them, I don't know because i'm not there yet. I am full of stress, worry, and i'm probably bordering on depression by now. Maybe if things can just stabilize for awhile, and I can recover from the emotional and financial strain, i'll be able to relax and appreciate my babies while I have them.

Just pray that MeMe will be one of the kitties that can live for many years without showing any serious signs of the disease. There's no sense worrying about her a great deal if she is relatively healthy. Just giver her extra love, a healthy diet, and whatever supplements you can that may boost her immune system.

This whole nightmare has definately changed my life a great deal. It has removed alot of my blissful ignorance, and taught me not to take for granted today, what I could lose tomorrow. I just hope I can regain some happiness, if and when this ordeal will ever come to an end.

Cassandra

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>