You can find more about hemobart on the feline anemia list. A number of people over there have dealt with it. I just know that doxycycline saved Gus's life after he spent a week in the ICU at the U of WI vet hospital in Madison. It was pretty awful because his brother had died there only a month before of a total metabolic breakdown caused initially by acute pancreatitis. I was so afraid I was going to lose Gus too. I went in every day to see him - I'm about an hour away. I'd hold him & talk to h im & sing to him ("You Are My Sunshine" over & over & over again). I always wore blue because it's the color of healing, the same sweater every day! He's still with me. Still my "boyfriend" kitty (an animal communicator said he wanted to be my boyfriend!).

Pam

wendy wrote:
Hey Cassandra,

I was reading up on hemobartanellosis right now, and
it says that it can cause jaundice, which is related
to the liver, I believe.  Maybe that's what's causing
the liver issues?!  I sure hope so.  Thank goodness
they found the hemobart, because it is VERY hard to
diagnose.  Half the time, they can't see the little
buggers on the slide under a microscope.  If she pulls
through this, we need to make a note for later in case
we see this again.
Praying that her liver issues are related to the
hemobart...

:)
Wendy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

____________________________________________________________________________________ 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.