Jane,

You are so right about the overwhelming amount of FeLV
info. on the Internet-some of it odd.  Take a deep
breath.  You will successfully wade through it all.
Just give yourself time to ingest it all and cyphon
back out what you don't need.

:)
Wendy

--- Jane Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I just joined this group as I have just had two FeLV
> positive test results on my year old kitten.
>
> I adopted her from a cat shelter two months ago
> with many health issues (upper respiratory, diarrhea
> giardia, stomatits). I was told that she was FeLV
> negative
> and figured I could deal with all of the above
> because they were
> not life threatening and once I got her out of the
> shelter 'colony'
> and to our vets, that she would get well. She
> didn't.
>
> On Friday I took her to my homeopathic vet who
> insisted that
> she be tested "again" for FeLV, and the test came
> back positive
> and the second test result which I got on Saturday
> was also positive.
>
> Needless to say I am devastated. Both of the vets
> that I use are being
> supportive and hopeful. When I adopted a positive
> kitten 20 years ago
> I was told that she had to be put down because she
> would infect my
> other cat.
> This is not the case now. We have two Scotties and
> had recently lost a
> 19 year old
> cat, and a 21 year old the year before.
>
> This cat, MeMe, is an absolute love. My homeopath
> put her on a
> probiotic that
> she is excited about "FortiFlora", and liquid DMG as
> well as help in
> weaning her
> to Archetype food as she is addicted to Fancy Feast
> which my vet calls
> 'kitty crack'.
>
> I have been overwhelmed with the amount of
> information I am finding on
> the Web.
> Some of it seems very optimistic, some, bordering on
> fantasy. I joined
> this group hoping to
> share information with real people who are living
> and coping with this
> disease. I keep
> re-reading the Home page on this site which states
> that Feline Leukemia
> is not a death
> sentence. I would appreciate any information which
> could be helpful to
> MeMe.
>
> Thank you
> Jane

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

 the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.