Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Roberts.? I just received word a few hours ago about one of
my "babies" being diagnosed, so bear with me if this takes me a while to get
out.

First of all, a bit of background information.? I currently have three cats,
all Siamese and all from rescues.? The oldest, and the one with the FeLV
diagnosis, is approximately 6-7 years old, and the other two are?a little over
two.? The first one came from a local rescue shelter here in Tennessee called
Angel Wings, which has since been shut down. The other two came from VA Siamese
Rescue, an organization that my partner and I are still somewhat active in.? We
volunteer to transport on occasion and remain in the newsgroups/email lists.

I took all three for their checkups today, and the vet asked if we watned them
tested for FeLV, to which we agreed.? The test on Grizzabella came back
positive. The test on Penelope was negative, and they ran out of tests, so
Poppy hasn't been tested yet.? I did request them to retest Grizzabella (even
though they charged me again), and the blood was drawn and sent out for
Grizzabella's retest and Poppy's test today, and we should have results by
tomorrow.

Here's my issue....this is my first time dealing with FeLV, and I don't know
what to do or what to expect.? All three of those cats are our children, and I
can't bear the thought of seperating them or giving Grizzabella up because
she's sick, but I don't know how likely it is the other two will contract the
disease, or how to seperate them.? I'm not sure what to do about treatment,
either.? I've heard there's no treatment, then I've heard there's meds, and
diet changes.? I'm just not sure what my next step should be.? I noticed there
are six stages to the disease, and four different types...I don't have any of
that inforomation yet.? Can anyone give me a heads up and let me know where we
should start with this?? Not sure what I need to do, guys.? I know lots of you
have a lot of experience with this, and i'd be interested in any advice you can
give.

Thanks in advance.
AOL at AOL.com.