I believe, from all the other info out there, that it is the GREEN
tomatoes, stems and leaves that are the poisonous parts.

The red/ripe tomatoes thet we normally consume and that are used in tomato
juice contain only trace amounts of Solanine and are not poisonous.

>From the ASPCA:
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_ask_peoplefood&s_state=tomatoes
"The green parts of the tomato plant are considered toxic because they
contain solanine, which has the potential to produce significant
gastrointestinal and central nervous system effects. However ripe
tomatoes, the part of the plant typically used in food products, are not
toxic. Therefore, we would not expect any poisoning-related issues with
the tomato content of your cat food."

Here are a few other sites with info on Solanine & Tomaotes:
http://ntp-server.niehs.nih.gov/index.cfm?objectid=6F5F05AB-F1F6-975E-79F11EF81F6A5475
http://www.whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=62
http://www.floridata.com/ref/l/lyco_lyc.cfm
http://www.trustedhands.com/content/id267.html
http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants.html

If you can find any other info - NOT taken from the Feline Future stories,
I would be very interested in it.

Kat (Mew Jersey)