I often wonder what the link is between those of us
who forge deep emotional connections with their
pets, and those who do not, or cannot.

I have always felt like the lunatic fringe when the loss
of my 19 year old cat was more painful than loosing
either of my parents.

As we all know, the stress of caring for a sick pet
is off the charts, for the likes of us. The internet and
support groups like this are really a lifeline.

Jane