-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kelley Saveika
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:32 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: The best food for Duncan??

I think that the risk of vaccination and sarcomas is so low as to be
inconsequential.  I think it is really important that all cats be
vaccinated against FELV in the first year, and my vet agrees, so
that's what my rescue does, even though it adds to our cost.

It is a personal decision though, like everything else.  I'm certainly
not trying to tell other folks what to do.

I did see that the latest AAFP vaccination guidelines recommend going
to once every 3 years against distemper...

On 6/21/07, Melissa Lind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that the majority of the people here mix, but I never would. This
is
> probably because I'm a newbie to this and a doubting-Thomas of sorts, but
> just can't bring myself to expose my youngest (less than one year) since
she
> would be most susceptible, and I've opted not to vaccinate her against
FeLV
> because of the risk associated with vaccination and sarcomas. I don't have
> any FeLV cats now, but when I did, I kept him in one room until I was able
> to find him a home. It was a lonely life for the poor guy, but I spent a
lot
> of time with him. If I had to do it long-term, I'd set up an area for
> several FeLV cats so they could have companionship. That's my plan for the
> future.
>

> But, I'll have to say that most people here know a lot more about this
than
> I do-but that's just my own personal choice so far.
>

> Melissa

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Caroline!