Ok, here is his answer about VAS.  I was freaking out because there is
so much out of date, scary stuff on the Internet.

"The term Vaccine Associated Sarcomas has fallen out of favor and now
termed Injection Site Sarcoma because they now believe that it is not
the vaccine,  but the actual injection of a foreign substance.   I use
the Purevax for distemper vaccine.

Sarcomas are difficult to completely remove if found in the scruff
because of the different layers of tissue and extensions that the
tumor extends between the layers.  First time surgery (extremely
invasive) is the best chance if sarcoma is diagnosed.  We vaccinate in
the leg so that if a sarcoma is diagnosed, then amputation may be
performed if needed.    I have not seen a fibrosarcoma that I thought
was associated with a vaccine.  But it is a possibility with any
injection."