no, ALL cats do NOT carry the corona virus. please get your facts straight
before posting things.

On 6/25/07, Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Yes, it certainly sounds like wet FIP.

All cats carry the corona virus, which can morph into FIP.

It really just depends on genetics, age, (very young & older cats) and on
extenuating circumstance like being felv+. (immune compromised)

There are 2 forms of FIP, the wet & the dry.

My first felv+ kitty, "Serenity", passed away from wet FIP.

Their belly begins to swell, to the point where it presses against their
lungs and makes it hard for them to breath.

Their belly actually accumulates fluid, and the vet can withdraw some for
testing.

Their backbone will become more prominent, also.

Eventually w/ their swollen belly, breathing becomes labored and they will
begin to pant towards the end.

Also, you can watch their nostrils for a tiny "flare', another way to tell
they cannot breath.

it is @ this time that you say good bye......  :(...

I had to take Serenity to the emergency room to be PTS on a Sat. night on
Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh, it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

But you must remember, a compassionate & dignfied death is one of the best
gifts you can give these cats.

There is no real test for FIP, w/ the exception of withdrawing the fluid
fromt he belly for testing.

And w/ dry FIP you cannot even do this.

You can, however, have a necropacy (?) performed afterwards, however, if
the cat is felv+, there is no point.

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org