Hello-

I am new to this group, having  trapped an injured Mom kitty at my new job,
who turned out to be FELV & FIV positive and a nursing Mom.  This was in
April, I had 3 injured cats in my first two weeks of changing jobs, I work
with ferals and it's been one of those years...it's especially sad as I'm
told someone trapped this Mom last year, she was not injured at the time,
they got a kitten from her that was negative (so she may have been as well),
and she went back out unspayed even though they (incorrectly) thought she
was declawed.   This whole thing could have been avoided, and Mom is a very
sad kitty who has obviously been hurt by this world.  She has an eye and ear
injury and is very meek and depressed.

Of her kittens, two initiallly tested + for both FELV & FIV, two only + for
FIV....sadly, they have now retested + for leukemia.  Three cleared the FIV,
the fourth may have as well but the person who has him has not retested yet
(I have no control over this unless I take the kitten from her permanently
and have not been able to find a foster, I have no room whatsoever myself,
it's been a somewhat unfriendly situation of impasse in dealing with the
ladies at work as they've wanted me to place them asap and me only having a
sanctuary option available a little further down the road).  The kittens are
approx. 4 months old and very social.

We haven't been able to find homes or foster homes and the ladies who
currently have them had given me until June 30 to find homes or fosters or
they would have them euthanized.  They haven't done so yet but one is taking
hers to a different (very large, over 700 cats) sanctuary this Sunday, which
I am troubled by as this kitten is extremely social and has lived indoors
since 5 weeks of age, though of course I appreciate the help of a reputable
sanctuary.

I don't have much time on the one kitten, but will continue to search for
homes for the other 3; two of them have been together all this time and are
very bonded, those are the two who initially were only FIV+ but retested
positive for leukemia.  I know this is confusing, but basically, 4 FELV+
kittens need homes, two need a home together.   All have been tested twice
but the 4th whom I do not have in my posession...it's been a difficult
situation without going into it further on dynamics.   I am heavily involved
with multiple colonies and have exhausted all of my rescue
friends/resources as far as fosters or homes go for the many kitties I am
trying to help, including these guys who are difficult to place as FELV+.

If anyone knows persons who might be interested in adopting one or two FELV+
kittens from Tampa, Florida, please pass this along.

Thank you all for loving FELV+ Kitties!
--
Heather