  From: Melissa Lind
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:57 AM
  Subject: OT: Severely OT, dog fights and NFL player

  I know this is very OT, but I couldn't stop crying on the way to work this
morning after hearing this on NPR. I'm very hormonal right now, but I think
that this would make anyone livid. What is wrong with these people? What
happened to them? I don't understand these actions which there aren't even
strong enough words for.

  The story involved the NFL player Mick Vick and his involvement with dog
fights. They found something like 70 dogs on his property used for fighting.
There are many other atrocities that I can't even mention because I'll start
crying again. But, here's the story if you want to listen:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12056318

  It makes me feel so helpless and angry and appalled and afraid.

  Melissa

  P.S. I'm so sorry this is OT (not even about cats), but I needed to let it
out, and I didn't have anyone else to turn to but you guys. No one here at work
would understand.