  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline Kaufmann
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:59 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT: Severely OT, dog fights and NFL player

Wendy- although their ready-made email is very handy, I always like to
personalize it.  Just in case anyone wants an example of how I thought I
could (hopefully) effectively personalize my email....I have pasted mine
here.  So, do you love it....or do you love it?!

-Caroline

Please suspend Michael Vick for his actions.  And while you're at it, I
should think it would be big of the NFL to step up to the plate, for once,
and donate a couple thousand dollars to the National Humane Society to care
for the 52 seized dogs from Vick's property.  Right now they are depending
on donations for their care and it makes me sick to think of the billions of
dollars your organization has at it's disposal that could be put to a humane
use.  I myself donated some money to help "clean up" Vick's mess and should
think the NFL could do the same, at the very least.  I don't have much money
to give myself because I have spent hundreds of dollars caring for and
treating my dying cat for the past three months.  I was fighting a losing
battle against his cancer and Leukemia, but did it anyway because he was my
best friend, AND it was the right thing to do.  I lost my cat when he died
in my arms early Monday morning.  Ponder that and know that I will never
support the NFL or anything related to it until drastic changes are made.  I
feel your organization really needs some perspective.

Sincerely,

Caroline L. Kaufmann

  _____