From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:54:39 AM
Subject: Re: To Michael Re: Update

Quick question: I forgot how you came to test them in the first place.  Are
they new adoptees or is one of them sick?

Hi Wendy,

To answer your question, they ended up being tested because the Vet asked Jeff
if he wanted them tested.  He didn't know what to say, so he just said yes.  I
guess its fortunate he did.  They're both asymptomatic. They're actually quite
healthy.  I've never even noticed as much as a runny nose from any of them.
The only thing I have seen is vomiting, but I'm hoping the new food will help
with that...thats not a new issue...they've been doing that since I got them
and long before Grizzabella came in and infected Poppy.  They've been to the
vet several times, no one seems to have an answer other than they seem to be
eating too fast.  But they're really not unhealthy...as a matter of fact, Poppy
is 14.5lbs, ack :(  The other two are 7.4 and 7.5, which is a healthy weight
for their size.  I'm going with the Innova EVO food today as soon as I can find
that place on their website where its sold locally.  We'll see how that goes,
I'll gradually switch it over
 as recommended.

I also stopped by my vet office this morning on my way to work, and gave them
the referral form for University of Tennessee CVM.  They seemed very receptive
this morning.  The doctor that diagnosed them will be back in the morning and
they said they'd give him the form. I suppose it will help that two of the vets
at the clinic graduated from UT.

I also asked about the prescription formula "Missing Link" supplement, and they
made a note to check.  I mixed the lysine in this morning, and all three ate
it! That made me feel a bit better.  The one that stayed in one spot pretty
much for 36 hours also got up and moved around a bit last night.  She even came
in the living room and laid down on the couch with Jeff.  They're slowly
feeling better from the vaccinations.  I'll keep updating as I get new
information.  Thanks guys.