    From: Tad Burnett <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
    Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:42 PM
    Subject: Re: To Megan: Re: My cat was tested positive
    yesterday,and I don't know what to do.

    Probably close to 4 years ago I mentioned interferon to my vet...
    He had never worked with an FeLV+ cat before...
    He had used it with cows before and it was given IV to them...
    He grabbed his medical book and there were words in there about
    giving it both ways to cats but he decided that with the smaller
    animal
    oral was preferred....

    My vet has been in practice for 30 years but he is still willing
    to learn
    an he pays attention when I hear of something new on hear... There may
    be better vets in the world but I doubt if there is any that will
    meet me
    himself in the middle of the night in 10 minutes... That's worth a
    lot when
    finding a vet as well as one that is willing to work with FeLV....
    Tad

    Susan Dubose wrote:

Well, Megan, I could be the one who is wrong.

I have just never heard of Interferon "shots", just oral.

Someone will be "popping in" to let us know,there is LOTS of great
experience on this list......

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org