  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Loesch
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:02 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Please add Jingles to the CLS

            My sweet little Jingles boy - who I wrote about last week asking
about the ulcer/tumor on his eye had to be euthanized Saturday night.  He was
fine Friday night and I'd planned to take him to the vet the first part of this
week.  He was eating and cuddling up with me then.   Sat. morning I didn't
bother him when he was curled up in a cat bed with Sherpa and Autumn - they all
looked so comfortable that I just left them.  Was gone most of the day and when
I went back iin and Jingles was still curled up in the bed i tried to wake him
up.  His eye looked like it had literally exploded - red/pink and white tissue
comiing out and the eye dripping.  The Emerg Clinic wasn't an option for him
because he wasn't strong enough to withstand anesthesia and an enucleation.  I
sedated him as fast as I could and he was euthanized.  I have never ever seen
anything like that.

    Jimgles was a totally sweet boy who loved to sleep with me.  He had gone
downhill over the last couple of months and I figured his life was coming to an
end, but I sure didn't expect this.  He was adopted from a kill shelter by an
elderly lady who didn't care that he was feleuk positive.  Then she died and
I've had him about 5 years.  Such a sweetheart.