I left a message for my vet today regarding her reticulocytes, but he never
got back to me. If he had, maybe I could've gotten another transfusion done.
Now I'm afraid I've missed my chance, and I feel absolutely horrible. I had
decided to let Olive go, but now I'm wondering if I could've saved her. I
don't know if there's time, now. I feel like I didn't try hard enough...

>===== Original Message From wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Here are a few articles:

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/10200.htm

:explains that the reticulocyte count greater than 1% indicates regeneration.

http://www.2ndchance.info/anemia.htm

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00043.htm

http://www.walthamusa.com/articles/COUTO97.pdf

Basically, at this point, which is one of the problems with anemia, is that
it's a crapshoot because you can't tell.  Low reticulocytes can go either way.
 If you can swing the transfusion, do it and get her on doxy asap.  Precious
time has been lost already waiting for the doxy to take effect.  I hope it
works Megan.

:)
Wendy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~