It really is.  Even my AAHA certified state of the art vet hospital -- which is
always on the high end pricewise -- "only" charges $59 for the exam fee.  And
I'm in northern California where everything tends to be more expensive anyway.

  Cultivate a relationship with several vets.  I have one who I use primarily
and who I've known for more than 12 years.  He'll work on credit or phone a
prescription in to Walgreens for me and he knows me well enough to have a
little faith in my own assessment of situations.  Another, near one of my
foster homes, offers free well kitten exams and does x-rays and necropsies at
cost for us.  The AAHA vet hospital is where I go for emergencies.  No harm in
having several or shopping around.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  You can refuse whatever part of that you want.

$65 is extraordinarily high for a vet visit. I would find a cheaper vet.

On 9/11/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Any idea what and where I csn buy an appetite stimulant? here is the vet
> visit broken down.
>
> it costs $75 for the local clinic to test for feline leukemia, rabies, and
> distemper booster, and leukemia vacine
>
> $65 for my vet to have a 1st checkup
>
> $100 for blood work
>
> the cat has been exposed to some questionable cats so thats why he needs tyo
> be checked to make sure he has not gotten leukemia
>
> thanks
>
> Binx345

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20