I agree, but Sherry's vet does so much good for the cats.  You have to pick
your battles.  I'm sure Sherry has discussed declawing with Dr. Jen.  I'm sure
the doctor knows about the downside/problems associated with declawing.  She
has made a decision to declaw.  It's her sanctuary.  It's her decision.  And
they've done a lot of good.

  I'm of the opinion 'better off dead than declawed'.  But most people are not.
 And many people think declawing saves lives.

  I hope that changes and declawing becomes illegal in the U.S. as it is in
other countries, but for now it is not illegal.

Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 77.95pt 1.0in 77.95pt;
}  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times
New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt;
FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN:
0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  P.MsoEnvelopeAddress {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 2in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman";
mso-element: frame  }  LI.MsoEnvelopeAddress {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in
0in 0pt 2in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-element: frame  }
DIV.MsoEnvelopeAddress {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 2in;
FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-element: frame  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline  }
 P.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier
New"  }  LI.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Courier New"  }  DIV.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt;
FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }
Excellent, Melissa!

  They take them until they figure out that the cat now bites when it feels the
least bit threatened or it pees & poops everywhere EXCEPT the litterbox due to
the pain in it's paws from being multilated.

  Those were ALWAYS the reasons people would try & dump them@ the shelter that
I worked @.

  Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com