Lance:
 I would just say to keep a close eye on that panting.  When I was in high
school, we had an overweight, long haired older cat that started panting like a
dog.  Problem was, it was mid-July and a very hot one at that.  My dad was
still practicing veterinary medicine part-time at that point and I kept trying
to get him to pay attention to it, but he kept blowing me off.  Ultimately, the
cat died on us within a few days.  We found out later that he was having liver
failure.  Another vet told us that panting in a cat should never be "blown off"
like that or blamed on heat, etc.  Basically, sustained panting in a cat CAN be
a very serious situation, so keep that in mind and be vigilant (which I already
know you are with her).
(Side note- yes, that cat's death caused an even bigger rift in our family due
to what we all thought was my dad's veterinary malpractice on our own cat.  I
threw a fit.  I know it seems that might be nice to have a vet in the family,
but keep in mind that it depends on the vet!  Since we weren't "paying
customers" sometimes, horribly, we got ignored.  Sigh).

caroline     > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: Ember> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:43:42 -0600> > Hi Jane,> > Thanks
for thinking of us. Tests seemed> to indicate that it's an issue of> bacterial
overgrowth in the GI tract.> Vet prescribed 10 days of metronidazole> for
Ember. Ironically, Ember had a> formed bowel movement only a few hours> after
we got home. I also discovered> that Ember likes to eat pumpkin without> it
being stirred in to her food. That might> come in handy.> > My only concern is
with something Ember> did last night, probably an hour or more> after her first
dose. She made a strange> panting sound for about ten seconds. It> was a deep,
breathy noise. I didn't hear> it at all the rest of the night, though> I was
asleep for most of it, so I might> have missed a reoccurrence. I'm carbon>
copying the list on my reply to you, in> case anyone else might have an idea.>
> Lance> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:34:45 -0500, "Jane Lyons" said:> > Lance how
is she ?> > I'm thinking of you, with fingers crossed.> > Jane> > -- > Lance
Linimon> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".