Hey guys.  Below is a message from one of the members of the FIP support group
I recently joined on behalf of Brumley.  I asked her again for her referral to
the sites devoted to better diet and nutrition for cats.  I planned to join
once things calmed down with Brumley because keeping up with the FIP group and
the assisted feeding support group got to be too much!

But I did want to pass this onto the new FELV members as something to consider
for the care of your babies.  Diet is unbelievably important and there has been
nothing short of a revolution as of late regarding what we should be feeding
our companion animals- and in particular, felines, who are all descendants of
the big cats in Africa and when we snuggle them and kiss their noses, etc., I
think we tend to forget that!  I am not saying everyone has to go the raw food
route- altho Monkee did when his anemia from Felv kicked in and he loved it!
urgh, too little too late...but I know better now and I just want other people
to maybe benefit from that).  So add investigating and researching the diet
issue onto your to-do list.  And keep in mind that you don't have to commit to
the raw diet-- if you do the research, you will find the particular premium
canned foods that are as close as you can get to the benefits of raw.

I hope this helps!
caroline

Absolutely. The more cats we get off commercial diets the less death we'll see.
Cats are carnivores. They eat meat ... fresh meat ... not rotted, old, diseased
garbage, left over meat from rendering plants. And not grains. They can't even
digest grains and vegetables.

Here ya go.