  From: Sue & Frank Koren
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:39 PM
  Subject: Re: Sweet Buzz

  Thank you for your advise about Buzz, and I am so very sorry about your
Brumley.  What an aching empty place they leave in your heart when they are
gone!  It sounds like he couldn't have been in a better place for his last
months, though. I just joined this group and I think the first thing I have
learned is not to read these e-mails at work.  I sat at my desk this afternoon
with tears rolling down my face when I read about Brumley.
  Buzz is here with me in my computer room right now. He enjoys laying on my
arm while I am trying to type.  I have set the room up like a cat playground
with loads of toys, a chair by the window, a place to scratch and of coarse his
food tray and litter box.  Even so he cries when he is left in here and it
breaks my heart.  I bring him out and hold him often in the rest of the house
and I can see that he wants to get down and play with the other cats. I am
afraid to let him mingle with the others even if they are older cats.  Charlie
is my big dumb dark grey boy. He loves everyone that comes near him, human and
cat.  He loves to lick the other cats. If a cat could bounce along going doit
de doy de doy with a huge smile on his face, that would be Charlie. He has
asthma and for several months last year he had a lot of trouble with the feline
herpes virus in his eyes.  Tucker is about the same age as Charlie (7).  He
recently had to have all his teeth removed because his immune system was
attacking the bacteria on his teeth.  He also gets spells where he acts drunk
(the vet calls it a vestibular episode).  They only last for about a half hour
and the vet has said to give him vitamin B1.  Because of these problems I am
afraid that they might have problems fighting off the FeLV virus.
  Thank you for the advise about food, I will look into feeding Buzz something
that is better.  Right now he gets IAMS dry food for indoor cats, and I heard
that spring water is good for FeLV + cats, so he gets that also.  I still think
he would be happiest in a home where he could roam the whole house and maybe be
with other cats, but in the meantime I intend to do everything for him that I
can.
  I am not the best at computers, so if I am doing this incorrectly, I
apologize and please feel free to correct me.
  Thank you,
  Sue