I have mixed positives with negatives going on 15 years now.  My negatives were
vaccinated when they were younger.  No one has ever caught the leukemia from
one of my positives.
  tonya

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Hello to All...
I recently took a cat my brother had rescued from some neighborhood kids who
were abusing and kicking him. He had fleas, worms and ear mites and was near
death. My brother and his wife nursed him back to physical health, but he was
terrified of people. They had been calling him Buzz Saw because of the way he
behaved when anyone tried to touch him. When I visited my brother, my sister in
law threw a blanket over him to catch him and handed him to me. I cuddled him
in and after a while he began to purr. He was terrified of people reaching for
him, so when we reached for him we did so with treats in our hands. His whole
personality began to change and Buzz and I really began to bond. When I took
him home I had fortunately kept him away from my other 5 cats. I took him to
our vet to be checked over and neutered. I found out he is 8 - 10 months old
and the heartbreaking news - he is FeLV positive. I have read as much as I
could and
tried to find a way I could safely keep him with my other cats, but that does
not seem to be possible. Even if I vaccinated my other cats the risk is too
great. A couple of them have their own issues, and if they got feline leukemia,
too, it would probably be the end of them. Buzz is now living in one room of
my home and I am trying to find a good home for him. I would almost like to be
selfish and keep him anyway because he has turned into one of the most loving,
entertaining wonderful cats I have ever had, and I have had many. It would not
be fair to keep him in one room for the rest of his life, though. Oh, by the
way, his name is still Buzz, but now it stands for Buzz Light Year - To
Infinity
and Beyond! If anyone knows of a home where he will be well taken care of and
happy, please let me know.
Thanks,
Sue