From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:20:54 PM
Subject: Re: CLS

   Hello everyone I haven't posted in a while ,but I have been reading everyday
so I can keep up with what is happening .  I just have to say that when I was a
child I had a neighbor who had a calico girl who lived to be 30 years old. She
was blind and deaf but till the day she died everyday she would follow him out
to check the mail box on the curb . She was a celebrity around here and people
would bring there children to see her. Her owner died two weeks after she past.
He was 86 years old. I believe he died of a broken heart.
   I have to tell the new members (the older ones know my story) that I had one
boy felv+ who lived  18 yrs and one girl felv+ 17 years. I've been very lucky
to have several live to there teens, But I've also lost many young ones to this
terrible illness.
   Recently I took my 15 year old boy Dooley to a new vet for some dental work
. He had been diagnosed with felv when he was 3 years old. Well Dooley is now
testing negative . Sometime over the years he threw off the virus. I was
shocked and so happy . I was afraid to tell anyone until now I thought maybe
something was wrong with the test.  So I asked another vet friend of mine to
test him again and was told he is negative.
   Never give up hope , enjoy everyday you have with your babies. They may out
live you.

Sheila in SC

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music
takes you there.

Be a better friend, newshound, and