Wait, wait.  What test did the vet use to test for FIP?  There *is* an FIP
test which is fairly accurate, but most vets don't even know about it.  It
is called Rivalta's test:

This is a test with which few veterinarians are familiar but it can be very
helpful in the diagnosis of FIP.   A test tube is filled with distilled
water and one drop of 98% acetic acid is added. To this mixture one drop of
effusion is added. If the drop dissipates, the test is negative. If the drop
retains its shape, the test is positive.  A negative Rivalta's test is 97%
accurate in ruling out FIP. A positive test is 86% accurate in ruling in
FIP.
Source:  http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_fip.html

If you are talking about a titer test - almost all cats will test positive
for coronavirus titers.

On 2/27/08, Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Well just when you think it can't get any worse it does.  BooBoo's
> cytology came back today and he has FIP as well as feline leukemia.  There
> was no bacteria in it. There is nothing left for us to do for him.  There
> was no bacteria in the culture, just protein and fibres, because his blood
> vessels are leaky.  The vet says all we can do is make him comfortable and
> at this point it is all about quality of life.  He will continue to drain
> his lungs every week to 10 days and keep him on this antibiotic until it is
> finished and only Lasix once a day, which I guess does nothing for this lung
> fluid.  If he becomes worse, ie he has to have the fluid drained more
> frequently then we will have to do the obvious.  We will put on a good face
> for our dear boy and do everything we can to keep him with us as long as we
> can but it isn't looking too good at the moment.  The vet said they had
> another cat in this week that tested positive for FIP but not leukemia.  He
> said BooBoo has been hit with a double blow and unfortunately the end is
> near.  I don't know if the Factor stuff will make it here before Boo dies
> but I'm trying to be realistic here now and face the inevitable.  My husband
> and I are horribly sad about this but I'm getting angry now at these
> criminals who owned him and lied to me about his being healthy and
> vaccinated.  We have several top notch lawyers in our practice who like me a
> lot and would do me a favor if I asked.  I'm seriously considering
> consulting with one of them when this tragedy is over.
>
> Lynne

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help Clarissa!