Where are you in VA, Sharyl?  Gotta be some better resources for s/n...

Gloria
in Arkansas

At 08:25 PM 4/2/2008, you wrote:
too bad you are not closer to Richmond Va. They have a low cost clinic that spays for $35.00 and neuter is 25.00. I think they do Ferals for free. I understand there is also a program that does ferals on weekends free. I get all my cats fixed at Prevent a Litter, the low cost clinic. I will have to check with a cat rescue person on the other place. I do not deal with feral so I do not qualify. Still it is in RIchmond.

Sally

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Sharyl <<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Thanks Gloria. So far it looks like the best I'm going to be able to do on the neutering is $100. There is a chance the Tidewater SPCA Neuter Scooter will come over to the Eastern Shore and I could save $25. I can afford to care for the 2 I have rescued. I'll have to work on colony one cat at a time as my budget allows. I am trying to recruit local sponsors to help with the cost. Local SPCA doesn't believe in TNR for ferals. I just don't want to have to tell the vet anything when I bring in a colony kitty.
Sharyl Sissy and Rocket

Gloria Lane <<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's wonderful that you're doing this. Would be nice if you could find a low-cost spay neuter clinic, or a free service, to help fund the neutering. RE your question about telling the vet, I don't know. If 2 are positive, still doesn't mean all the others are, although of course there's a chance. Any vet should be aware that if the kitty hasn't been tested, there's a potential for FELV or FIV. Neutering is the key to preventing the spread of this, as I understand. Least my take on it. Hope you find a good option for low cost or free neutering.

Gloria