  From: Sharyl
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:02 PM
  Subject: Re: Introducing Sissy and Rocket

  Thanks Gloria.  So far it looks like the best I'm going to be able to do on
the neutering is $100.   There is a chance the Tidewater SPCA Neuter Scooter
will come over to the Eastern Shore and I could save $25.  I can afford to care
for the 2 I have rescued.  I'll have to work on colony one cat at a time as my
budget allows.  I am trying to recruit local sponsors to help with the cost.
Local SPCA doesn't believe in TNR for ferals.  I just don't want to have to
tell the vet anything when I bring in a colony kitty.
  Sharyl Sissy and Rocket

Gloria Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  That's wonderful that you're doing this.  Would be nice if you could find a
low-cost spay neuter clinic, or a free service, to help fund the neutering.  RE
your question about telling the vet, I don't know.   If 2 are positive, still
doesn't mean all the others are, although of course there's a chance. Any vet
should be aware that if the kitty hasn't been tested, there's a potential for
FELV or FIV.  Neutering is the key to preventing the spread of this, as I
understand.   Least my take on it.   Hope you find a good option for low cost
or free neutering.

  Gloria