Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while but have been reading all the emails.  I guess this
is a little off topic but I need some reassurance.  This coming Thursday we are
taking our Snowy in to be spayed.  It was part of the contract I signed when we
adopted her from the foster mom. She's the rescued girl we got after BooBoo
died.  She's a 3 year old persian and I am scared to death about doing this.
We've had her for about a month and the vet thought it a good idea that we wait
til she adjusted to us, which took about a day.  She had been neglected in the
past and had basically lived in a cage until she was rescued.  She had feline
herpes and a respiratory infection when she was taken but recovered nicely and
was immunized when we got her.  I just keep thinking that if we had not had
BooBoo neutered he may have fared better.  I truly believe that it hastened his
demise.  I hope I'm wrong about this and even though we have always had our
cats neutered, I realize spaying is a little more complicated.  The vet assured
us she would be fine but if we lost her I don't think we'd ever recover.  She
is an amazing precious little girl.  We haven't had a younger cat in the house
for a long time and she is so playful and comes to bed with me every night when
I go upstairs.  She talks to us all the time in these little meows and you can
tell she is really happy.

The field worker who investigated BooBoo's previous owners came by last week to
meet her and see how she was doing and was amazed at her too.  He commented
that we were lucky to get her because hundreds of people applied.  She's kind
of a poster child in this area for abused animals.  He also said she was very
lucky to have got us, which was very nice of him.

Lynne