At least he had a wonderful year with you.
  Sharyl Sissy and Rocket

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
          Hi all,
  A few years ago some of you older members may remember Ling.
  As he is no longer with me as he had passed on to the bridge.

  For you newer members.
  I took in a male Siamese that was 19 yrs old that had the same thing.
  All of his claws on his front paws were in the flesh.
  So he the had surgery done ASAP immediately right there.

  When I got him I had noticed he was walking funny. Then I look at his paws
thought to
  myself "Oh My God" there was no way I could do anything.
  I can't imagine the pain he was in. Poor old fella.....
  I have to tell you though when it was done he was like a kitten again shortly
after surgery.
  I end up losing him after a year to kidney failure but at least he had some
happiness and medical care from me that he wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

  Well I won't be taking Snowy in for spaying this coming week.  I went to clip
her nails tonight and noticed that there was a big lump on her right paw.  When
I touched it she meowed so I got her into the emergency vet.  They told me I
did nothing wrong that this had happened to her over a very long period of
time.  Her nail had grown into her skin, along with hair and they had to put
her under and remove it.  It had grown far into her pad and couldn't be removed
easily.  I don't get this.  She had seen 2 vets prior to our getting her and no
one noticed this.  Now the poor little thing has to be on antibiotics
(Clindamycin) and wear one of those horrible hood things so she won't lick her
paw.  She had a piece taken out of it and cauterized.  I am so sorry for what
this poor little dear has been through in her short life.  I just hope all this
trauma doesn't cause her herpes virus to resurface.  The first thing the vet
did when we got her there was to squirt eye wash into
 her eyes and she got all upset.  I kind of yelled at him for doing that and
asked why.  He said she looks like she has allergies and I said "she's a
persian their eyes tear".  Fortunately there was a very knowledgeable
technician present who seemed to know a lot more than this guy did.

  Lynne

  TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
http://tazzys.org/

http://www.hurricanepetsrescue.org/

Terrie Mohr-Forker

  Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL
Autos.