I'm so sorry Lynne.  I hope she recovers from this quickly.  :(   I've had
situations before that I can't believe one vet didn't notice, yet another did.
At least she has this pain out of her paw and that should make her start to
feel better soon.  She's glad to have crossed paths with you.
  tonya

Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Well I won't be taking Snowy in for spaying this coming week.  I went
to clip her nails tonight and noticed that there was a big lump on her right
paw.  When I touched it she meowed so I got her into the emergency vet.  They
told me I did nothing wrong that this had happened to her over a very long
period of time.  Her nail had grown into her skin, along with hair and they had
to put her under and remove it.  It had grown far into her pad and couldn't be
removed easily.  I don't get this.  She had seen 2 vets prior to our getting
her and no one noticed this.  Now the poor little thing has to be on
antibiotics (Clindamycin) and wear one of those horrible hood things so she
won't lick her paw.  She had a piece taken out of it and cauterized.  I am so
sorry for what this poor little dear has been through in her short life.  I
just hope all this trauma doesn't cause her herpes virus to resurface.  The
first thing the vet did when we got her there was to squirt eye
 wash into her eyes and she got all upset.  I kind of yelled at him for doing
that and asked why.  He said she looks like she has allergies and I said "she's
a persian their eyes tear".  Fortunately there was a very knowledgeable
technician present who seemed to know a lot more than this guy did.

  Lynne