My Tucson is on daily meds and  For Tuscon, we go through "phases"-she does
OK w. Pill Pockets for a while, then we go to making a little ball with her
favorite soft treat, then we might try the pill in a little ball of cheese
or ham, and then we resort to holding and popping pill in her mouth.  No one
thing works all the time but my saving grace is that this 18 lb porko LOVES
to eat!

Occasionally, I have to give meds to my Romeo who I CANNOT hold to pop a
pill in--it gets real tricky when he periodically needs antibiotics for
teeth/gum problems.  He won't go near Pill Pockets.  I tried compounding
meds in liquid form and he looked at me like was insane.  BUT, being the old
street cat that he is, he loves certain people foods-any cold cuts, fish,
and chicken.  I break up a pill into as many little pieces as I can and can
usually hide a little piece of a pill in treat sized 'ball' of one of those
foods.  Then he comes running cause its not food he usually gets and he
loves that so much more than the treats!  Of course, I have to watch cause
Tucson (who hates him & makes his life a misery), has noooo problem sliding
over next to him and stealing the new 'treat'!

Bottom line, if you can think of some food he absolutely goes nuts for,
break up the pill and make little 'treats' (and keep your fingers crossed!)

Christiane Biagi

914-632-4672

Cell:  914-720-6888

[EMAIL PROTECTED]