This sounds like a perfect match...congratulations!Debbie (COL)"You gotta bloom
where you're planted!"> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:21:11 -0400> Subject:
Re: [Felvtalk] Seizures and some fabulous non-related news!!!> > > Well, I
guess the lord truly does giveth and taketh away in a good ways sometimes! Just
as I am struggling to deal with my returned foster suffering from seziures of
unknown origin and reaching the height of my stress...I also have the best news
I have had in a long time. My feleuk foster Manny has a home. A lady and her 14
yo son were coming to look at him tonight at 6:00 and I had not allowed myself
to get excited about it b/c I am realistic. But they knew he had feleuk and
still wanted to see him (tho they have never had a feleuk- had two cats that
lived to be 18-20 that died a few months ago a few mths apart). The son needed
time to grieve but has recently been asking for a cat. They just want 1 so a
foster friend suggested my Manny b/c I'm desperate to get him home b/c I just
don't have the set up for him to have much of a life here-- running out of
rooms! They have already been screened by the organization I am adopting him
thru or else they wouldn't have come to the house to see him. AND they are
cousins by marriage of one of my fellow foster friends! Manny is the healthiest
thing ever and he's flourished in my care-- he's all muscle, not an ounce of
fat, vivacious, playful, tons of fun, and a complete alpha male who rules
humans and dogs-- whomever he is given the opportunity to interact with!!! He's
the smartest thing in this house and that includes the dogs- of which one is
very bright-- but Manny takes the cake in the brains area. I love love love him
and would so keep him if I hadn't already had non-feleuk fosters and house cats
and in particular kitten fosters.> > So I didn't get my hopes up too much when
they came to see him but they asked all the right questions about feleuk and I
think they feel comfortable b/c they can rely on me and my experience since we
will have a very "open" adoption! She is a nurse so she has a great base of
knowledge for understanding his disease! I just want him to have a home so I
have told them that I will help personally with vet bills so that he can have
his red blood cells monitored every 6 months and should he ever get sick- with
the treatment. The organization I am adopting him thru (I am working with
another one on the side now that I am very happy with) helps with vet bills in
all cases and will assist with his should he get sick!!!!!!!!! They said they
were told by another rescuer/foster in the organization that they will just
know the right cat for them when they see it and they said "we just know it's
him!" I just can't believe I got my Manny a home!!!!!!!! I have a few days to
spend with him to say goodbye so I can ease myself into it-- they want to clean
the house for Manny and have to get a litterbox, etc. because they threw things
out. I just can't even explain to you how happy I am but I know you all share
my joy! Manny finally gets a young boy to PLAY WITH, an entire house to romp
in, and windows to bird watch from ALL DAY (instead of just a few hours a
day)!!!!!!!!! I couldn't possibly want more for him.> > Caroline >