Caroline, looks like that precious baby has found his forever home with you!
How lucky for both of you.  Keep us updated, please.Debbie (COL)"You gotta
bloom where you're planted!"> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:16:42 -0400> Subject:
[Felvtalk] Seizures Update> > > Here's an update on my adopted/returned foster
cat with alleged seizures: > By the time his appt rolled around yesterday with
the vet of my choice,> > I knew it was going to go well. The more people I
talked to about it, the> > more people said there was something wrong with
those people at that house> > and having him out of there was the most
important thing. But he's just> > gotten better and better. I have no trouble
medicating him at all. Just> > those first few times. He's actually one of the
easiest I've ever medicated> > now!!!!!! I haven't had a scratch or a bite yet
and it goes super fast--> > he's a good boy! The odd aggressive behavior is
lessened. He totally> > trusts me already and is a complete love-bug. He is
just a quirky, willful> > little thing and that's just his personality-- he
wants to run around and be> > hyper and get into everything and so sometimes
when I scoop him up, he does> > that growling, but it's funny/harmless. Most
importantly, no seizures-- no> > signs of seizures. I've had him since Thursday
and you'd think he never> > left me with the way he responds to me!> > > > So
the vet saw a totally healthy, friendly, bright, Curious George Cat> >
yesterday! He just walks all over the exam room, jumps in the doctor's lap> >
and rolls around!, purrs, tries to get into everything! It's great to> > watch.
Dr. said we have a very healthy cat and he can't believe> > those people said
they were going to put him down! He said this is not a> > cat you even consider
that with! He agrees there was possible abuse. But> > he also suggested that--
upon watching the cat's behavior in the exam room-> > that he is a cat who
wants to get into everything so he thinks it's very> > possible the cat got
into something- like a chemical- and the people- since> > they are so weird-
just didn't know and overreacted. He said that's very> > possible and with the
way that cats metabolize things so slowly, it might> > just take a while for
him to work it out of his system and that could be why> > he maybe had
continuing seizures (if he even had them). He said since> > there's been so
seizures and the cat is happy, he doesn't want to change> > anything. Stay on
the same dose of phenobarb for 1 mth. Then he wants to> > see him again in a
month and they will take blood and get a phenobarb level> > at that time. Then
we will work on taking him off it slowly and monitoring> > the level. He said
if we start taking him off and he has a seizure- then we> > know he was having
them, but at least we know that the phenobarb will> > control it. But Dr. said
no signs of a neurological defect-- none at> > all. No need to even consider a
catscan b/c there's just no signs-- totally> > alert and bright. He said if it
was FIP, there'd be other neurological> > signs, like ataxia. But also, I don't
know if I told you that?- adoptive> > parents vet called on sat- and everything
negative- fip, toxo, felv, fiv-> > neg. Dr. confirmed too that blood work
"looks great." Good news all> > around! He's a happy, healthy, bouncing boy and
I'm glad to have him back> > in my care!> Thanks for everyone's input, care and
concern!> > Caroline > >