From: Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Tweezer update
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 5:01 AM

Most of these things can be treated pretty easily.  The ear mite/flea
medication is probably Revolution - I believe Frontline has come out with a
similar product called Frontline plus.  I keep all my cats on Revolution
monthly, mostly for heartworm prevention, there are other more effective
flea preventatives.

The eye infection and upper respiratory infection can be easily treated.
Unfortunately I know little about liver shunts - we have not had to deal
with any of those yet.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Sharyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sue, thank goodness he is with you now.  Sounds like he might have a
chance
> with a little help.  Just keep loving him.
> Sharyl
>
> --- On Thu, 9/18/08, Sue & Frank Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> From: Sue & Frank Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Felvtalk] Tweezer update
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 8:16 AM
>
> Today I took Tweezer to the vet.  I am so angry that a supposed rescue
> group
> could let him get into such bad shape.  He only weights about 3 1/2"
lbs.
> He has a horrible case of ear mites.  He has an eye infection and an upper
> respiratory infection.  The fact that he can't seem to put on weight
may be
> caused by a genetic defect of the liver (liver shunts?).  A blood panel
was
> taken and his urine is being tested.  The one good thing is that he does
> not
> seem to be a bit anemic.  His appetite is also good.  He ate most of a can
> of
> Wellness today.
> So - now we await the results of the tests.  I will not hear back from the
> vet
> until Tuesday because they are going out of town.  He is on Doxycycline
for
> his
> eye infection and the respiratory infection.  They also gave him a
> treatment of
> ear mite/flea medication that they put on the back of his neck.
> He is such a wonderful sweet kitty.  He just loves to be loved.

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help with the Friday Night Lights' kittens medical needs!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/the-friday-night-lights-kittens

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take
them first
as long as you leave me alone".