Sorry to hear about Gus, but as so many have said before, he was for the time
you had him, loved and cared for.  no matter how short a time we have them,
they have love and know that someone cares for them.  all of my cats have been
abandoned.  still trying to figure out how someone can just dump a family pet.
course, they dump their own children.  until we can change the hearts of
people, will always be.  i hope my Annie doesn't have such suffering.  it is
hard to see.  dorlis