Hello,  i don't know about cats, but i had perpherial t cell lymphoma and had
the same chemotherapy you mentioned plus a couple of others.  none of them did
anything but make my hemoglobin drop to 3.4.  at the end of 2 or 3 years of
chemo, stopped treatments, did no good.  then a year later i went into
remission all on my own.  now 5 years cancer free. i also did vitamins and
minerals along with the chemo.  oncologist went along with me and even said
would write prescription if had to go into hospital. if my experience can
compare, if side effects get too bad, stop treatment.  not worth the suffering.
 i would try Dr. Susan Maier, a holistic vet and go with vitamin and mineral
therapy along with the chemo and then if you drop chemo, vitamins will have
Pupa in better shape than without.    there is another holistic vet someone
told about.  they do phone consultations.  check with your state veterinarian
association for local holistic vets.  others have mentioned l lysine, vitamin
c.  other answers will come .  dorils