just be sure there is no alternative.  maybe chemo for a few treatments and
then if too hard for Mickey, stop.  i've been there last year with Shadow and
Shorty.  i had to put them to sleep within a month of each other.  Shadow had a
tumor on his spine and he was 18 years old.  by the time we got to Columbia (U
of MO vet school), the tumor had cut off circulation for 2 long and said he
would never have use of back legs.  Shorty woke me up screaming.  he was having
a series of strokes.  drove 90 miles an hour to emergency vet (4am).  did do
one smart thing, called 911 and told them on way to vet and wasn't stopping for
tickets, could follow me and give it to me at vet's.  the nice lady asked me
for color of car, license, said to drive carefully and called ahead to highway
patrol and other police departments i would be passing thru.  had 2 cars falsh
their lights at me and motion me on.  people put police down today, but they
can  be nice people.  Since Shorty was also 18, any treatment might be more
than he could handle.  never want to hear a cat screaming like that again and
hate making that decision.  dorlis