Jane,
Your bliss therapy does not sound nuts at all!  When Buzz was so sick in the
summer time I used to take him out on my deck and give him Reiki treatments.
Then I would just pet him and love him.  I am SURE that is part of what helped
him so much at that time.  Unfortunately the deck is not such a pleasant place
right now.  He probably would not have been able to relax if we were sitting
out there in the middle of the sleet/rain/snow and wind storm we had last
night.  I'm glad MeMe was able to be so happy after being so abused.  I just
can't believe what some people will do.    Buzzy was abused by some inner city
Cleveland gangs before my brothers wife saved him.  He is still a very nervous
cat.  The only times he will completely relax and purr are out on the deck and
in bed at night.  Every time I pass him I reach down and give him a caress
which he seems to enjoy, but he really dislikes being held.
I will look forward to hearing from Hideyo.  Thank you for all your help.
Sue