i know how you felt, you want to keep them just a little longer, but as you
said, you look into their eyes and realize that it would be selfish of you to
make them stay.  for their sake you have to make that decision.  i have done it
3 times in the last 2 yrs and it was just as hard each time.  they did give me
many years of happiness (Shadow and Shorty each 18 years and Snuggles 19 years)
and they did seem to enjoy their time with me.  them, God gave me Annie and
Homie to keep me company.  dorlis