when it comes to keeping track of blood/urine, i found a great litter box that
makes it easy to check for this.  it comes in 3 pieces.  top which has
safflower seed in it (like you feed the birds).  the urine drains thru a 2nd
layer which is slanted all sides to a hole where it drains into a collection
box.  a lady invented it for her diabetic cat to make testing easier on her and
her cat.  it is called Smart Cat Box.  don't have web address handy, but smart
cat box should get you there.  is a bit pricey ($60.00 including shipping), but
i think worth it.  goint to get 2nd one for Annie.  was able to see Homie's
urine was a bit dark, poured fresh sample into clean pill bottle, took to vet
and found had a trace of blood so she is now on clavamox .  this way, can stop
something before it gets too bad.  dorlis