I know this is late, but I would get her to a vet to check for uti, kidney
problems, etc.... if there's blood.  amoxy could cause her appetite to go down,
but I would bet it's the pain med.  My cats that had extractions were only
given pain med.s after surgery and were fine without it.  My vet said that they
probably hurt less after the surgery due to the pain their teeth and infection
had been causing....
  hope this helps.
  tonya

Dawn Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The vet dentist had never seen blood in the urine after coming to - and he's
been doing this for 20+ years. He really specializes in just dental work so he
asked another vet on call and they thought perhaps she might have a UTI or
perhaps she has or had a stone which passed thus why there was a little blood.
He said it wasn't a lot but it concerned him because he'd never seen it before.
A lot or a little is concern for me.
She was already going to be on Amoxy so he said to just keep an eye on her for
the next couple days. She's also on buprenex for pain and she was on Medicam
for inflammation (which after reading up on the Medicam I wish I hadn't give
her the 2 doses I did) I wonder if the buprenex and/or amoxy are causing her to
lose her appetite as well. She must be in some discomfort, I know I would be.

I tried a/d yesterday and she only licked twice and was done. This morning,
after trying 4 different flavors, someone suggested syringe feeding her. So I
mixed some of the a/d with water and gave her some that way - she didn't even
fight with me about doing it. I didn't give her a lot since I didn't really
know how much would be too much/too little. A few hours later I pureed some
Sheba mixed with water - she was watching me do it so I put a bowl with some of
that down and she ate 1-2 tablespoons of that. I'm just happy she ate
something. Now if I can just get her to drink some water but I figured if I
keep mixing whatever food I give her with water, hopefully, that will be enough
to keep her hydrated. Thank you for asking what KMR was, I didn't know either
but think I might give that a try as well. A few people now have suggested the
juice from tuna so I'll probably pick some of that up tomorrow and give that
try too.  It's just horrible when they
don't want to eat. I go back to work tomorrow so she'll be on her own all day.
I plan on leaving at least a few bowls of wet food for her and hopefully she'll
have eaten something when I get home.
Thanks for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it.
Dawn