When we are trying to provide extra calories for our feral cats (during cold weather) we supplement with kitten food. You might try giving him some as treats, to keep it away from the other cats. We have one kitty who is much more active than the others, so my mom fixes him a special treat of Whiskas dry food (all our cats love that brand for some reason) in one of those little plastic storage dishes. We put it down for Tommy when he is away from the other cats so they can't bulk up even more on his treat.

-Emily
Sent from my iPhone