I know you have already told her so, but please tell her for me that it was not
her fault.  so many would not have kept  a kitten with so many problems.  she
would have been put to sleep.  she kept her, did everything she could to make
her life a pleasant one and goodness sake, she lived 13 years.  your friend has
nothing to blame herself for.  some people don't even do that much for their
own children and she did it for a cat.  dorlis