From: "Kerry MacKenzie" <kerrymacken...@ymail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:31:00 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Petey isn't eating and x-rays have found nothing

Thanks Belinda.

I just received the latest on Petey, see below. Will keep you all posted.

Kerry

Petey is at Family Pet – they’ll do a full blood work-up and probably give him
some fluids.  The Dr. didn’t seem too optimistic.  She thinks his heart murmur
is recent – the emergency vet last night heard it and I told him I thought he’d
always had that, but the FP vet didn’t have that in any of her notes from her
previous times with him.  She also thinks his gums are too pale, even for a
FeLeuk cat.  She looked at his x-rays and thought his small intestine looked
abnormal and will have other vets give their opinion.

She has a few preliminary ideas  - anemia, which could also have something to
do with his heart murmur; a gastro-intestinal issue; or, worst case scenario,
lymphoma – and I think she mentionedstomach cancer.  Hopefully they will be
able to rule out or find out more with the blood work.  I’m hoping to hear from
her within the hour to discuss the results and our options.  She didn’t sound
very optimistic about any of it.  She thought he was quite sick and was very
concerned about his heavy breathing during his visit.

Will let you know what I find out..