From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Debbie Harrison
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:50 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Stray

If the babies aren't crying like they are in distress, and they are moving
about with a normal amount of energy, then give momma another day or
so....colostrum comes in prior to the milk....and it is all they need until
then.  IF you are truly worried, you could offer them a teeny bit of KMR
from a syringe...just be careful that they don't aspirate it.

I am fostering a feral momma and babies right now....during a very
protracted birthing time (which finally meant a trip to an emergency vet and
a shot of pitocin), I took the firstborn and gave it a supplemental
nursing...just to get it settled down so momma could birth it's siblings!
It sounds like you are doing an outstanding job...trust your instincts.

Debbie (COL)
"The time is always right to do what is right" -  Martin Luther King