I lost my wonderful Dixie Louise Doodle Katt after 3 years. She came out of a pine thicket (country equivalent of street). She was full grown and, until a few days before she left, I thought she had beaten it. There were short/little problems but nothing that couldn't happen with the healthiest cat who had lived on her own for a while/forever. I gave her my heart and I would not trade one second of time with her for anything. Not even those awful last few minutes as she left this world beside me as I was driving her home from the vets'. You know that you are not alone in your pain. I doubt that is overly helpful at this minute but everyone who has been there knows how awful it is. And you have been there so often and given so very much to these wonderful little ones. Please let your heart heal and expand to include more of them. Street/pine thicket cats/kittens have such a hard time and, if they have any health problems they have little chance unless someone can put the pain on hold and love and care for them during the time they have.

May all the angels surround you.