You do all you can. Lots of ferals show up at Mom's. One, an awful looking little guy whose eyes ran, nose ran etc. showed up. He continued to hang out, finally finding a way to get along with the resident ferals which is the primary requirement for food, water and shelter with this group. I finally got some antibiotics into him and got him trapped and to a vet for neutering. While he was under, he shuttered with pain from his teeth. The vet called with the information and what needed to be done (pulling the majority of his teeth). I oked the procedure and expense. Before his trip to the vet he informed me that his name was Pretty Boy.....trust me, that was not the case. However, he certainly is now. His tongue hangs out like he is sticking it out at the world but that appears to be his only problem. He has assumed a real role with the Cat Nation and is helping new comers acclimate. Even a cat who is so hard up can be wonderful and have a great life. Oh, yes.......the vets say Pretty Boy is 9-11 years old. To have reached that age, he had to belong to someone sometime. Bless you for caring for Boscoe. I am sure each of us would like to have someone who cared if we were down on our luck.
On May 26, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Susan Hoffman wrote:

Fundable takes a 10% cut for using their service, so that's why the ultimate goal is $550.

The reason they want to do a blood panel is because the cat is at least middle-aged, if not elderly; he is emaciated; and has been eating like crazy. All things together really call for a baseline senior blood panel. Could be kidney or blood sugar problems. Or it could just be a case of a severerly debilitated cat making up for lost time now that his mouth doesn't hurt and there's plenty of food. But he is an old geezer and should have a senior blood panel to see where things are at this point.

I think Boscoe may have a couple of very good years ahead of him, despite the FeLV. He is a tough old guy to have survived life on the streets with an infected mouth, broken rib, matted and dirty. And now that he's gotten the mouth taken care of, he's been eating 4 cans of food a day. He's getting so strong, it's like trying to shove a rhino back in its cage when he tries to get out. I think he has some very good quality of life ahead of him,

And how could I not help him. A cat shows up at your door in that condition, you do what you can.

--- On Tue, 5/26/09, Laurieskatz <lauriesk...@mchsi.com> wrote:

From: Laurieskatz <lauriesk...@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Qs re CA/Urgent: FeLV+ senior boy needs money to get to sanctuary
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 1:39 PM
Curious...why do they want to do a
blood panel?
Also, why does the fundraising page list the goal at $550?
I rescued a guy a number of years ago who was four paw
declawed, elderly and his mouth was a mess. Someone had shut
him in the wall of a building and a worker heard his cries
and let him out. He, too, tested positive for FeLV. He lived
several more years in a sanctuary with friends of mine.
Boscoe sounds a lot like him.....
Thanks for helping him.
Laurie