From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Susan Hoffman
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Qs re CA/Urgent: FeLV+ senior boy needs money to get to
sanctuary

Fundable takes a 10% cut for using their service, so that's why the ultimate
goal is $550.

The reason they want to do a blood panel is because the cat is at least
middle-aged, if not elderly;  he is emaciated; and has been eating like crazy.
All things together really call for a baseline senior blood panel.  Could be
kidney or blood sugar problems.  Or it could just be a case of a severerly
debilitated cat making up for lost time now that his mouth doesn't hurt and
there's plenty of food.  But he is an old geezer and should have a senior blood
panel to see where things are at this point.

I think Boscoe may have a couple of very good years ahead of him, despite the
FeLV.  He is a tough old guy to have survived life on the streets with an
infected mouth, broken rib, matted and dirty.  And now that he's gotten the
mouth taken care of, he's been eating 4 cans of food a day.  He's getting so
strong, it's like trying to shove a rhino back in its cage when he tries to get
out.  I think he has some very good quality of life ahead of him,

And how could I not help him.  A cat shows up at your door in that condition,
you do what you can.