From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of catatonya
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 9:48 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] RIP Mattie 7/09 - 8/09

I'm so sorry for your loss.
tonya

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] RIP Mattie 7/09 - 8/09
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 4:42 PM

I had to make that last vet trip with my dear sweet Mattie today.  She lost
the use of her back legs last week due to neurological issues from the
FeLV.  The paralysis spread and she had lost bladder and bowel control.  She
was still eating and grooming herself but I couldn't wait until she was
suffering.  She deserved better than that.  She fell asleep in my arms from
the sedative and never felt the 2nd shot.

Even though blind since birth she was the most inquisitive kitten I've ever
had.  No challenge was too great for her.  She is the last of a litter of 4
positive babies I rescued last summer.  What amazes me is that their mom and
3 aunts, all positives and now spayed, are still doing fine.

All I can say is Mattie had a wonderful 12 months wanting for nothing and
teaching me so much.  I learned not to let a handicap limit me.  It sure
didn't limit her love of life.   She is now at the Rainbow Bridge with
Bright Eyes, Houdini, and CJ.

Sharyl