From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of jbero tds.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 10:01 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Autumn update and Sally

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on Autumn.
.  Here are the results:

Platlet count - first CBC = 20,000; most recent = 52,000 (up 32,000)
Hct - first = 9; most recent 11.5 - difficult to compare due to transfusion

Here's the kicker:

reticulocyte count - most recent 5.9% (normal = 0-1%) Sorry I don't have the
original
Absolute reticulocyte count - first = 11,000; most recent = 113,280 (up
102,000)

A quick background note - the reticulocyte count is an indicator of bone
marrow regenerating normal RBCs - reticulocytes are young maturing RBCs
Regenerative anemia is considered to be present when the absolute retic.
count is greater than 15,000.  Before the injection she had a non
regenerative anemia, now it is regenerative.

She is producing her own RBCs and platlets!  Amen and Hallelujah!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and hope.  I will keep you updated.

Jenny